Oct 27

I have been up all night coughing and I am exhausted, but every time I doze off I have a coughing fit.

I hope I'm better by Wednesday, because even though we aren't doing anything special I still don't want to be sick for my birthday.

30 years ago today I met the person who became my best friend for 25 years.

We saw or talked to each other almost everyday until the day she died.

It was at my 16th birthday party, we had the party on the Saturday before my actual birthday so it could be an all nighter....And it was.

A friend of mine brought her as a plus one kind of thing, I didn't mind the more the merrier!

There were 20 to 30, 16 to 18 year olds in that house it did get a little wild and honestly right now I am not sure if the police were called or not, if they were I'm sure my mother took care of it, I do know that my mother had warned the neighbour's about the party.

Anyway, when the party finally ended there were just 6 of us left and one of them was April she asked if she could stay and help clean up, because the house was a wreck and my mother said that me and my cousins couldn't go to bed until the mess was cleaned up.

When April asked to say I thought that was very nice of her.
It didn't take us too long to get it cleaned up.

Then all 6 of us piled into my mother's king size water bed and chatted until we all fell asleep, we woke around one in the afternoon to my mother making pancakes.

From that day on April and I were attacked at the hip.

If she were alive today, she would have called called me and we would be off on a fun filled day, unless I was a sick as I am today, she would be bringing me cold medicine (God! I wish I had cold medicine right now.) and chicken soup making sure I stayed warm.

She was such a mother hen.

I miss her everyday!



  

Comments

Popular Posts